I finished my list of dreams 48 hours ago, and it's time for time for me to evaluate whether or not the goals can answer these questions posed by Zig Ziglar:
Can I answer yes to all of these questions about my dream:
Is it my goal or someone else's?
Is it morally right and fair to everyone concerned?
Is it consistent with my other goals?
Can I emotionally commit myself to finish this goal?
Can I see "myself" finishing this goal?
If I can't answer yes to all of those I will put an X next to the Idea.
After processing that info I will ask the next series of questions and have to answer "yes" to at least one of them.
Will this goal:
Make me happier?
Make me healthier?
Make me more prosperous?
Win more friends?
Give me peace of mind?
Make me more secure?
Improve my relationships with others?
I will put another an "*" next to any of the goals that need to be removed using this questioning.
Here is the list of dreams I am working (Some personal goals have been left out):
- Get my motorcycle license
- get a motorcycle
- Start rock climbing regularly
- Live in Alaska
- Get a diving certification
- Go cliff jumping
- Go Sky Diving
- Write a book
- Post weekly to my blog
- Start a YouTube channel about something that I am passionate about
- Take a professional driving course
- Learn to site read piano
- Get my small planes pilot's license
- Get my Network + certification
- Get my Real Estate Brokerage license
- Play music in a band
- Rebuild an engine
- run a small group for people
- Own and operate small farm
- Spend a brief season as a flight attendant
- Travel to 3 new countries every year
- Meet with people and help them make positive changes in their life
- Purchase a real estate property and manage it while paying it off
- Hike the Pacific Crest Trail
- Spend one meal per week with my family
- Say one word of encouragement to each family member every week
- Take one family member out for coffee once every month
- Host an annual goal setting workshop for my family, and then have planned bi-annually check-ins
- Go on at least one family camping trip per year
- Go on a family hike every month
- Find out when my family member is having a concert or event and show up
- Write an our of the blue letter for no reason and send give it to them
- Plan one snowboarding trip for the winter
- Start a family game night: Possibly on the same night as dinner?
- Schedule time for one home improvement project
- Be intentional about being thankful for them at least once a day
- Go to a concert as a family
- Find a conference that we could all go to that would empower us to live better lives.
- Help make improvements for the company I work at
- Start expanding my side business to other states
- Develop a valuable process that acts as a way for businesses to take themselves to the next level, and the use the process with the coaches that are apart of the organization
- Build a team of people who like to work on challenging problems
- Sell something passively on Amazon
- Invent a product that I would use regularly
- Invest in a small company
- Run a moderately successful website with more than 1000 hits per day
- Develop a downtown office space and bring in great companies to work together under the same roof
- Create a business model that people want to steal
- Buy a car wash
- Own real estate that I rent out
- Develop an App that solves a problem I have regularly
- Always ship a day early.
- Pay my employees health insurance and for life building exercises that will help them become stronger people
- Donate to young entrepreneurs that work for the good of impoverished people
- Help develop companies into platforms that people would have a difficult time replacing
- Have a weekly corporate meeting with myself.
- Go to the gym early in the morning everyday
- double my weight lifting in a month
- Run a marathon
- Take swimming lessons(Yeah I really can't swim very well)
- Go through Tim Ferris's The Four Hour Body
- Run 1 mile every morning
- Do the incline once a week
- Do more than 100 pushups at a time
- Get weights and lift every day
- Take tennis lessons
- Join Parks and Rec soccer
- Climb Mount Everest
- Climb al CO. 14ers
- Build and keep a 6 pack
- Consume 2 home cooked healthy meals every day.
- Expand the flexing diameter of my biceps and forearms by 50%
- Do a quick morning workout every day I can't make it to the gym
- Take boxing lessons
- Race downhill mountain bikes and win a small competition
- Land a steezy kickflip 95% of the time a try
- Learn how to do hand stand pushups
- Land backflips on a trampoline
- Land a 360 method
- Lear how to do wheelies on a dirt bike
- Run the Pike's Peak Hill Climb
- Smile most of the day
- Wake up excited for what I'm about to do
- Read 100 books everyday
- Improve my typing by 30 WPM bringing my average to 97 WPM
- Improve my handwriting by learning and implementing a new style
- Become proficient in CSS/HTML
- Take drawing classes and draw a self portrait
- Finish my sketch of Dani
- Write a song w/ lyrics for the guitar and perform
- Study american history and become familiar
- Learn to speak french sufficiently
- Take an english class in college
- Read newtons physics and understand basics
- Learn all scales on guitar
- learn how to use electric instrument software
- Remix a Harry Nilson song
- Multiply two 6 digit numbers in my head in under 2 minutes
- Take a concealed Carry class and get my permit
- Finish my network and A + certifications
- Read Yves recommendation for real estate knowledge
- Learn C+ and build a basic program
- Take an Archery Course
- Get my WFR Cert
- Take a culinary Course
- Actively attend and stay involved in a church
- Tithe every week
- Go on a mission trip to another country
- Pray every day
- Take a prayer hike every month
- Join an online bible study
- Take time out of each day to be emotionally thankful for all that I have
- Give away one belonging every week
- Write a letter and leave it in the mail room with words of encouragement that people could pick up and be inspired by
- Give $1000 every year to a new charity
- Lead a youth group
- Lead worship 1 or 2 Sundays every month
- Read the Bible cover to cover
- Own a car 2006 or newer with 4 wheel drive
- Increase my monthly income 3 times by December 2015
- Build a my mutual fund portfolio to $10,000
- Pay a finance consultant to help me build a financial plan
- Own a duplex and rent out one half of it
- Invest in a startup
- Build an investment portfolio that will allow me to be free to do live giving things throughout the year
- Own a vacation home in Tuscany
- Own a coffee shop that I can work in
- Generate $2000 passively each month
- Help give my parents a great retirement
- Build a five year investment plan
I am now working through my original questions on all of these goals and I will come back with another post on my findings