Vegan Szechuan Celery Squash
Sat Sep 12 2020
A delicious alternative to the Szechuan Eggplant I love to order that answers the question: "What do I do with all of this celery?"
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Walnut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger (Divided)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Divided)
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 6 Stalks of Celery 4 stalks diced, 2 stalks sliced diagonally
- 2 Large Carrots
- 1/8 cup Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/8 cup Light Soy Sauce
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
Phase 1 Preparation
- Heat sesame oil over high heat until shimmering.
- Add two peeled and crushed cloves of garlic, 1 Tbsp grated ginger and stir and cook until garlic is blackened.
- Add walnut oil and diced celery, sliced squash, and sliced carrots to pan to stir fry.
- With a whisk or immersion blender add red pepper flakes, 2 cloves of minced garlic, light and dark soy sauce, maple syrup, coconut oil, and corn starch. Mix thoroughly.
- When the squash is soft from stir frying for approx. 8-10 minutes, add the sauce mixture and sliced celery to the pan. Stir until all veggies are thoroughly coated with sauce.